Saturday, June 20, 2009

I'm just back from our tiny Farmers' Market in Canajoharie, N.Y., where I sell my rugs. It's a bit early in the year for homegrown produce from upstate, where we are, but there were Strawberries. Those who arrived too late for them had to content themselves with a large assortment of greens.

One of the regular customers is a fellow that dresses Native American. He has moccasins, and head band, necklaces, wrist bands. All of his accessories are decorated with porkupine quills, crystals and feathers, etc. Today, he brought with him a ream of poetry, and read 20 or so pages aloud. I wasn't quite sure how folks were going to react to all this, but about 1 1/2 stanzas into his work, I was spell-bound, as were others.It was so relevant to the world we live in today. He made one salient point after another gently and with his own spiritual insights. 'One of the nicest surprizes I've had in a long time. I found myself feeling moved several times,and noticed other listeners reacting to his words. I wonder what next week will bring? It could turn into an interesting market place this year.

I wish pleasant surprises for all
love, Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment